Hi everyone! I am so excited to have this blog up and running! What better way to kick it off than with a delicious apple pumpkin crisp! This recipe is super easy to throw together with an extra fall twist ;).
I hope you’re as excited as I am! If there are any nutrition topics or recipes that you’d like to see on the blog, please let me know in the comments below or contact me here! I’d love to hear from you!
Now, on to this apple pumpkin crisp!
Apple Crisp- a fall favorite!
Apple crisp is one of my FAVORITE fall dishes to make because:
- It’s easy!
- It makes your entire house smell amazing.
- It’s ridiculously forgiving. If you’re missing an ingredient or need to change up the recipe for one reason or another, it’s not going to make a huge difference. It will more than likely still be amazing.
This particular recipe has canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice to give it a little extra fall flavor! I used Macintosh apples and sliced them on the thin side because I prefer softer apples. If you like your apples to be a little firmer, I’d just make sure to slice them thicker! I also leave the skins on (I like fiber!) but you can absolutely peel them if the texture bothers you.
If you’re looking for something a little lower in sugar, you can absolutely sub out the sugar and honey. It’s equally as delicious with no added sugars. Personally, I think the recipe has plenty of other great ingredients, so I’m not super worried about a little bit of brown sugar and honey 🙂
I hope you love it! Please comment below and let me know what you think ad what you want to see here in the future! Thanks so much for visiting!
Apple Pumpkin Crisp
- 3 large apples, sliced I like to add the peels on my apples for added fiber, but you can peel them if you prefer!
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats *makes a lot of topping, reduce to 1 1/4 or 1 cup if you like less topping.
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pumpkin puree, lemon juice, honey, vanilla bean paste or extract, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Add mixture to a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, pumpkin spice, and salt. Once combined, add brown sugar, honey, pumpkin puree, and water. If you like a softer topping (this topping is pretty crispy), I recommend adding a couple few extra tablespoons of water.
- Top your apples with the oat topping!
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes, depending on how crisp or soft you like your apples. Enjoy!